On today's River Mornings (8-16) With Melissa & Jack:
Interlocken Fest -
Melissa and Jack qualified more listeners for our trip to go to Arrington, Virginia on Sept. 5th-8th for the Interlocken Music Fest. Artist scheduled to perform include The Black Crowes, Widespread Panic, Neil Young, Zac Brown and more. Click here for more info.
- Google has rocked the foundations of language nerds and Internet users the world over by adding a second definition to the word “literally” in their dictionary. Google's definition for literally now includes this: "Used to acknowledge that something is not literally true but is used for emphasis or to express strong feeling." That literally sucks. ‘Tis a sad day for wordsmiths everywhere. We blame Rob Lowe from Parks and Rec.
Cell Phones Making You Ugly?
- According to a recent survey by Qualcomm, at least 29 percent of people admitted that their mobile phone is the first and last thing they look at each day. And it could be making users ugly! Dark circles, bad skin, serious wrinkles, sagging jawline and red eyes might be a direct result from over-using your celly. So maybe it’s time to stop looking down at the phone and instead start actually communicating with people in real life? Nah…
Breakfast With Melissa & Jack
– River Mornings is inviting you to come join them in the Fan on Friday the 23rd at new hotspot Social52. They're broadcasting live and serving up food (and maybe a few cocktails). Click here for more info.
Hollywood Hot Mess
– The backwoods reality show “Duck Dynasty” (see above) drew 11.8 million viewers Wednesday night on A&E, the largest audience ever for a nonfiction telecast on cable television. Jack’s Take: This show is literally making America dumber, but it’s so freakin’ entertaining, so who cares?
- If you missed today's Second Date with Alex & Kendra, click here to listen.